Monday, July 20, 2009

Things right now...

berries

eating: lots of berries, freshly picked... and the raspberries are lovely in a little pink lemonade with a splash of vodka.

feeling: slightly odd... there is a quite sense of longing that is getting bigger very slowly and I can't quite put my finger on what I am longing for. More time to work? Time for other art? Time that is kid-free and just for me? Maybe just to have time slow down?

watching: the veggies in my garden as the struggle against the wants of an all too smart groundhog. I was so excited by the hope of having carrots to pick, and now they disappeared.

wine bottle chandelier

thinking: I should be more thankful then I am. I got a pretty sweet gig of a life and I think I should be more thankful in each day for getting to live the life I do.

hoping: that Andrew's new meds work this time. After several straight days of meltdowns the first week of July and a kick that left a bruise the size of a baseball on my arm, it was time for a change. We went two weeks med free, now, we are trying Lithium. It is very scary for me, and I am sure it is for him too.

wishing: that this cool, rainy summer lasts until fall. I would take this over sun and heat any day of the week. This summer has been incredible.

girlyweekend

loving: having my first ever girls weekend, celebrating friendship and the 10 year wedding anniversary of my friend.

I like it when the writers of some of the blogs I read have a post titled "right now" followed by single words with in the post like "loving", then add a ":" and tell what they are loving. (I think that is a run-on sentence.) So, I am going to jump on the band wagon and give it a go myself.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Lithium is not a drug that you can give kids a med 'holiday' from. I am sure you have armed yourself with knowledge in regards to his meds. I once worked with adults that were taking lithium. The govt. regulated their care and insisted on drug holidays for them. It does not work. The only way to get them to stop forcing the issue was loads of documentatation. We put up with quite a bit of trouble before it was accepted that the medical people (nurses and Drs.) were a bit more knowledgeable than the person sitting in his/her office dictating care.

Cindy said...

Hi Kerry
Yummy berry pictures! Looks like you had fun with L. and the gang...what a great idea. Will write more later. :-)

Holly said...

i like the "right now" posts too!

and lemonade and vodka has been my summer drink of choice as well. Psst: try it with cerry vodka- it tastes like a drink from Sonic!

Kerry said...

Thanks for your concern Cindy. Andrew was being weened off of Depakot, before starting Tegratol. Bloodwork showed his white blood cell counts too low to tolerate the tegratol. The doctor decided that he should have lithium and it maybe able to help in more ways then one, as it raises white cell counts. His "holiday" from meds was the two weeks between depakot and lithium to get the blood counts done.

Eileen said...

kerry...hang in there with andrew...sounds like you are doing all things in his best interest...

ground hogs did i hear you say...take a look at my post from last year...no garden this year, funds are very limited...
http://dorsethillbeads.blogspot.com/2008/06/groundhog-relocators.html

love the lickety split tut...i'm having fun putting my twist on it...thanks so much...

Anonymous said...

kerry,
right now: my heart goes out to you....

i'm hoping: that the lithium works.

kind regards, lisa d., portland, oregon

Nicki said...

hi Kerry, I just started reading your blog recently, but I am coming back to it every day now. I need to go back to your older posts to understand the full story. I really love your "things right now" post - maybe I'll try one myself in the future. Good luck with the medicine. Nicki